GACE® Paraprofessional Assessment
About the GACE® Paraprofessional Assessment
What Is It?
The GACE® Paraprofessional assessment measures the skills and knowledge in reading, writing, and math possessed by prospective and practicing paraprofessionals. It also measures their ability to apply those skills and knowledge when assisting in classroom instruction.
Who Takes It?
This assessment is taken by prospective and practicing paraprofessionals to demonstrate that they are knowledgeable in reading, writing, and math, and that they are capable of assisting in classroom instruction.
How Long Is It?
Test takers have 2½ hours to complete the assessment.
What Subjects Are Covered?
Subjects include reading, writing, and math.
What Are the Questions Like?
The test has 90 selected-response questions, approximately two-thirds of which focus on basic skills and knowledge. The remaining one-third focuses on applying skills in the classroom. All test questions are in English.
How Is the Assessment Given?
The Paraprofessional assessment is given in a computer-delivered format.
Preparing for the Paraprofessional Assessment:
GACE® Paraprofessional Assessment study tools are available via: Click here for more information about the GACE® Paraprofessional Assessment Prep Tools.
1. No refunds. No exceptions. If you miss your exam you are considered a NO SHOW and you will have to reschedule and pay the full exam fee. Additional fees will apply to all cancellations and exam date changes.
2. Reschedule for a fee of $25 and at least one week prior to testing.
3. Bring your receipt and a valid photo ID with your signature. See below for acceptable forms of ID.
4. Arrive at least 30 minutes early.
5. Bring at least two #2 pencils.
6. Scratch paper will be provided.
7. No calculators.
8. Test results will be printed immediately upon completion of the exam.
9. For more information on Understanding Your GACE® Scores, visit: http://gace.ets.org/s/pdf/understanding_scores.pdf.
There are still openings remaining at this time.
A valid credit card will be required for payment. Please have your card information ready.
Enrollment Progress ... What's This?